February 21, 2008

Thursday Thirteen In My Pantry

13 Essential Items in My Pantry/Freezer

A peak into my kitchen here. I believe that the freezer is just the coldest part of the pantry. I also believe that a well stocked pantry is essential to life. If your pantry is stocked you can save money because you always have soemthing to make. A well stocked pantry means you are always able to feed company and anyone who is hungry. If you find yourself in an emergency, then you know you won't go hungry.

1 - Canned Fruit (Baby Gia's favorite food right now)
2 - Rice - White, Brown and Wild
3 - Dry Pasta - You name the type and I probably have it or it is on my list to get more of.
4 - Dry beans - I have several types.
5 - Canned Tomatoes - Sauce, Paste, Puree, Diced
6 - Flour - Right now, I have unbleached white, stone ground whole wheat, and graham.
7 - Cream of Soups - I know not the most healthy but they are important.
8 - Canned Tuna - The only fish I eat, I really cannot eat fish but tuna I can handle.
9 - Spices & Baking Essentials - I have everything well stocked so that I can always be ready to cook or bake anything.
10 - Coffee - Whole Bean in 4 different flavors in the freezer with some in the pantry I am currently using. And, chocolate covered coffee beans. - Because Coffee is essential.
11 - Meat frozen in meal portions.
12 - Sugar - Right now I have brown sugar, regular white sugar, raw sugar, confectioner's (powdered) sugar and granulated fructose. - I have to be ready for any dessert I cook.
13 - Chocolate - Cocoa powder, baking chocolate bars unsweetened, white chocolate baking bar, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, hot cocoa mix, Nesquick, boxed chocolates, bag of individually wrapped chocolates. - Because Chocolate is Essential

I have more stuff in my pantry but as this is a Thirteen list I guess I should stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...