January 02, 2008

Bath Time

Today was a two-bath day for Baby G and I thought about how much I love our little inflatable bathtub. I bout this one when Vincenzo was almost one and I still have it. The only thing that has worn out on it is a slow leak somewhere on the bottom section of it that makes the cushioning on the bottom - no big deal. It has survived three kids and I am confident will survive the fourth. When we first had Vincenzo, we got a bath seat because everyone said to get one and quickly decided we did not like it because it could easily come unsuctioned to the tub, it was difficult to put him in and take him out, and you could not really clean him in it. A friend suggested getting the inflatable tub and I am so glad I took her advice. It is a perfect fit until they are about two then they are big enough for the big tub on their own. In our last home, I was able to give Baby G a bath in the shower because I had this little tub. I use a showerhead that is on a hose so that it is easy to fill the tub and I keep it on the gentle mist so I can easily rinse her hair also. I have found this to be the easiest way bath a little one. No mess, little fuss and Baby G loves her bath time.

Bath time Checklist

  • Inflatable tub
  • Heat sensing ducky to make sure the water is not hot
  • A couple of toys (no more than 3 at a time)
  • Hooded Towel (make sure it is a fluffy, soft, bigger one so baby doesn’t get cold)
  • Wash Clothes (I always grab 2)
  • Baby Shampoo
  • Baby Wash (Or you can get the 2 in one, but with curly hair, it does not really work well.)
  • Changing station ready with lotion, diaper, and clean clothes.
  • A dirty baby - or not so dirty…

5 comments:

  1. I love your added humor in your posts...informative and funny all in one. What every mother needs...or aspriring mother who reads her friends blogs...lol. I think you'll need a new tub for the next kid, and then you can recycle it to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane. I probably will need to buy a new one after G, they don't make baby gear to last through as many kids as I am making it last though. I am sure I will recycle quite a few baby items to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I could have used an inflatable tub......but with my littlest being 18 months......oh well too late. We had 1 baby tuby that "grew" with the child but leaked so I had to fill the big tub and then the baby tub too just to keep water in it..........LOL. Oh and always add the baby cuddle right after they come out of the bath all sweet smelling.............mmmmmmmmmmm that is the BEST

    ReplyDelete
  4. we had one for all four kids and just LOVED it! loaned it out to someone who popped it and replaced it with a different one for us. so nice! they really are SO much better than those seats. i never even tried them cuz i was too scared i would never get him out!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot about the baby cuddle in the end. Yes the sweet sweet smell of clan baby. I don't know why but it is probably my favorite smell ever.
    Vincenzo actually almost got stuck in the seat and that was the last time I used it. lol I was so frustrated because he was so young and the seat age limit said something like 25 pounds or something and he was about 18 pounds.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...