January 12, 2008

Coffee Innovation

Okay, so I have to tell anyone who enjoys their freshly ground coffee in the morning what to do if tragedy strikes and you have no power. That was the situation I found myself in a week ago and as I am every morning so desperate for coffee. I used my hand chopper! Below is a picture of one just like mine. I now love it more than I did ever before. I already use it for so many things like chopping nuts, chicken salad (when I am making a sandwich for one), hard candies for sprinkles on desserts, onion mincing, garlic mincing (when I need more than a couple of cloves), chocolate and the list can go on forever but it was the first time I ever thought about grinding coffee in it. But, my honey and I so desperately needed coffee to survive such a crazy day and we all know necessity is the mother of innovation. I put some beans in it and started chopping. It was great! I however would not suggest trying to go for a very fine espresso grind, as I am sure that would take forever. I was able to get a great "grind" for our coffee press cups that we have. I have to say my little hand chopper saved the day.

2 comments:

  1. Cool idea! I would never have thought that one up.

    We loose power a lot out here, so I'll have to try that for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I could help. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...