November 10, 2007

Tonight's Dose of Chocolate

It is raining here and finally cold. Last night I was so cold I went to bed with a heating pad at my feet. Tonight I am warming up with a beautiful cup of hot cocoa. Tonight it is my daily dose of chocolate. So how do I make my perfectly beautiful cup of cocoa? Well… with just basic packets of hot cocoa on hand, I can still make a cup of cocoa that tastes like it is made with the finest ingredients.

My cup of choice is first rinsed with hot tap water to get the cup hot to start with. Then I put my cocoa in the bottom of the cup. I slowly add some flavored creamer to the cup while stirring vigorously with a fork. This incorporates air and gets all the powder dissolved. Then I carefully pour in the very hot water while still stirring. Now, I do not vigorously stir, as splashing or worse spilling very hot water is not a pleasant experience especially if chocolate is involved.

When the cup is full, I sit back, and enjoy. The top of the cocoa is foamy and thick and the flavor of the creamer makes the hot chocolate so rich and yummy. It tastes designer however, it is so much better because I did not have to leave the house to get it.

2 comments:

  1. K. I never really thought of adding creamer to the chocolate at the botton first...you are a wealth of knowledge! No I need some cocoa packets...cause that won't work with the Tassimo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You humble me. I don't think I have that much knowledge. But yeah, I can't figure out how you would do it with a Tassimo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...