October 31, 2007

A Coffee Saga

I woke up this morning and proceeded to make myself a yummy latte. Or, at least that was the plan. I went through the normal routine of filling up my moka pot with water and the necessary amount of freshly ground beans. Assembled the unit and placed it on the stove. I then poured the milk into my great little milk frother. I frothed the milk and put it into the microwave to heat it up. Got my favorite latte mug ready for the yummy goodness that was being made with such care and love. Pulled out my Toffee Nut Creamer put just a touch of that on the bottom of the cup. Then I patiently waited for the coffee to brew. However, it was not brewing as it should. By this time, the pot should be finished and ready to pour but when I peaked into the top of the pot, it was not even close. The coffee was not coming up the little spout. It was just sputtering pitifully. So… I guess I overfilled the little cup that holds the coffee grounds. I did not think it was too full but I was so very wrong. A few minutes later, I was extremely determined to save my little latte that I add some more Toffee Nut to my latte cup and poured the pitifully sad amount of coffee that actually sputtered through the spout into the top of the moka pot into the cup of creamer. I added the frothy milk and then took an anticipatory sip. Hoping, wishing, optimistic that the precious coffee I just brewed even though it was equivalent of sludge (yes that is a technical term) would taste at least semi delectable. Like maybe one of the lattes you get from the vending machine at a gas station. No such luck. Sadly, it was bitter and frankly disgusting. I was ready to cry. I wasted precious coffee and did not get to enjoy my morning cup of delightful bliss that I was so eagerly anticipating. My wonderful hubby saw my sadness and offered to go get me a latte. Yeah! So, I got my yummy delightful cup of bliss, Pumpkin Spice to be precise. And with that, my day got a little better.

Starbucks has some very yummy Latte flavors here are my absolute favorite : Gingerbread, Pumpkin Spice, and Cinnamon Dolce.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad your hubby saved you! Hope today is a good coffee day! Love you much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...