June 07, 2007

I Love This Bottle

I have to blog about my new favorite bottle. Baby G was not taking any bottle we tried very well. Now granted, we only tried two different types but she did not really want either of them. Avent came out with a new type of disposable liner bottle, the Avent Tempo. I love all of the Avent feeding system products. Their type of nipple was the nipple Baby G was taking the best so I decided to try it. She loves this bottle; I love this bottle I cannot say enough about this bottle.

Here is why I like it so much. The liner size is perfect. For any bottle, if you fill up the water to the amount you are supposed to when you are using formula, you will not have enough room for the powder. Not so with this bottle, the liner accounts for the fact that adding a scoop of powder for every 2 oz of water is going to increase the volume of the liquid the bottle needs to hold. There is plenty of room to add water, powder, and then mixing it up! I love this about all types of Avent bottles. Then, there is the nipple system. When our other munchkins were little, Avent disposable bottles had to use a different nipple than their regular bottles. It was a clear blue color instead of all clear, not this one. Therefore, when I am sleep- deprived as I usually am, I am not trying to figure out if the nipple is truly clear or a clear blue color.

Why I love disposable over conventional bottles is because of how they work. It is very simple, if the baby sucks on the nipple, something will come out, if they do not suck on the nipple, there is not a lot of dripping action. Baby G did not like that when she wanted to pause the sucking action, even while using the newborn nipple; the bottle was still delivering the goods. She controls everything with how much she wants and how fast she wants it. The liner works just as mommy does. There also is not any extra air to suck in or a change in air pressure as the liquid leaves the bottle. Some babies have no issue with this, while others do. My baby G already has an extra gassy tummy most of the time and I really do not want to contribute to her tummy discomfort.

We do not use bottles very often but when we do, I do want it to be a pleasurable experience. She prefers to have only mommy’s milk and none of the fake stuff either which means I pump often so I can keep up the supply for her. I have only ever used the Avent Isis Manual pump for all four of my little ones. Because it works well, and is comfortable. It is always fast and easy to take the time out to fill a bottle when I need to. However, more on that… in another blog.

2 comments:

  1. The only reason I didnt choose that type of bottle was the cost of liners since we had to go to all formula. IF we had been able to stay with nursing it would have been awesome. We use the playtex airvents and fortunately never had a leaking problem UNLESS Jennifer shook the bottle. Now we are going to the cup.....sigh as Jennifer will be a year old on July 8th! sigh.....But that bottle sounds awesome, especially the way it accounts for the formula. all bottles do NOT account for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the cost of liners. When my now 6yo daughter was a baby we had to put her on the bottle/formula exclusively and would use both types of bottles depending on our day. Disposable liners on day long trips are much easier to deal with. :) Kids fly through their first year so fast don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...