November 17, 2007

Laundry Baskets

Did you know that laundry baskets could be track and field hurdles? I found this out tonight as my munchkins decided to do the hurdles in the hall with the laundry baskets.

So funny, laundry baskets have so many uses in this house from containing laundry or miscellaneous objects both inside and outside the house, to being a baby buggy (Gia loves being pushed around the living room in the basket like she is a race car driver), to being a transportation device for pies, cakes and other yumminess, to track hurdles. The kids worked up a sweat trying to see who could jump them the most. A most amusing night I had to share.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, around here, we also love laundry baskets...
    we use them for many of the same things as your family, including a few others.
    They make great boats, podiums (for belting a tune or yelling like a banshee), or cages (for whatever reason, my kids think it's fun to be in a laundry basket, "cage." (strange)
    Who would have though, with all the new and inventive toys, that laundry baskets could be so much fun!? {smile}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I think laundry baskets are as fun to play with as boxes. :) I love watching the kids come up with fun and imaginative ideas as they play. My kids have made them cages too, sometimes I wonder... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun. Yes, I use laundry baskets for way more than laundry too. And I don't even have children yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laundry baskets are great multitaskers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...