June 02, 2008

Pumpkin Pancakes

My son loves pancakes. He would eat them every day if I allowed. However, he is not a fan of produce. So... I put the produce in the pancakes. (genius I know) I have put everything from apples to zucchini in my pancakes. I thought I would share his favorite pancake of all, pumpkin pancakes.






Pumpkin Pancakes

4 1/2 cups flour*
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 TBS baking powder
1 TBS cinnamon
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
3 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 TBS melted butter
2 TBS lemon juice
1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin

Combine all of the dry ingredients together.
Dump in all of the wet ingredients on top of the dry ingredients.
Stir until just moistened.
You will see lumps, this is okay just drop the spoon/whisk and walk away.
Resist the urge to stir the lumps out. If you stir too much you will have tough flat pancakes not fit for the dog. You want light and fluffy pancakes fit for your family and friends.
On a barely buttered hot griddle pour 1/3 cups full of batter.
Cook until the edges are set and you see bubbles on the top of your pancakes then flip.
If the batter is too thin, add some flour a little at a time. If the batter is too thick add a little milk. This makes about 16 decent sized pancakes.

*Use any flour you think will taste good here. It can be all-purpose, whole wheat, graham or any combination. The more whole wheat you use, the more milk you may need.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...