May 11, 2012

Strawberry Banana Smoothie-Popscicles


It's heating up around here which means it's time for popsicles. I love making fun frozen treats for the kids. If I make them, then I know what they are eating and I can make them healthy and tasty.
Here is the first of many Popsicle concoctions of the summer.
Strawberry, Banana Smoothie-Popsicles

These make a great smoothie, popsicle or even an ice cream.

The ingredients are easy to keep on hand to whip up anytime you need a healthy treat to help keep you cool.


Strawberry Banana Smoothie-Popsicles

2 cups frozen strawberries

2 very ripe bananas (frozen or not, either way)

1 1/2 cups coconut milk

1/4 tsp arrowroot (optional)

1 Tbsp honey






Throw it all in the blender and go to town. If the mixture is too thick, you can add more milk or even some juice if you need to. I used canned coconut milk because that was all I had left but using any kind of coconut/almond/rice or even regular everyday milk will work fine.

Note - The arrowroot is a binder and helps everything thicken up and not separate. You do not need to use it but it really does make a difference in the end consistency.

When everything is mixed thoroughly pour into popsicle molds and freeze.

Or pour in a glass and drink up.

Or... you can pour into an ice cream maker and make a yummy ice cream. This is such a versatile concoction. 

Strawberry Banana Smoothie-Popsicles

The kids asked me to make these again before they had even finished eating these ones. A good sign they were tasty. I love that they are eating whole fruit and no food coloring. These are in my must make again folder and since I make these smoothies often it won't be hard to just pour some into molds for popscicles when we need a cool tasty treat.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you! This will be great for my girls too. Hey, how much is the trader joe's coconut milk? Do you have the ingrediant list on the back you can share with me?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The can was just under a buck, which isn't bad. The ingredients on the can are just coconut milk and water.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, just thought I bet we could experiment and make a choco pudding pop type with this too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking a choco pudding pop would be so good with the coconut milk too. I'll have to play around with it. Most the recipes I find online use the box pudding mix.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...