April 30, 2012

311 Dipping Sauce


Last week I was brainstorming ideas for a new dipping sauce for artichokes. Many just use straight up mayo or melted butter, or even lemon butter, I love those options for dipping and have consumed many pounds of butter and way too many cups of mayo that way over the years. (As you probably know, artichokes are just yummy delivery system for mayo or butter.) This time I needed to make something different, something that had less fat and still was worthy of an artichoke. I recently saw a sauce similar to this one somewhere online, in a magazine or in a cook book I really can't remember where but it got me thinking. Artichokes would taste awesome in this.

This sauce is so simple. It is creamy with a slight sweet heat to it. I just love it. It is so easy to make on a whim too, as long as the ingredients are handy. Just mix these three ingredients together and you have a wonderfully delicious dipping sauce.
3 parts mayo
1 part spicy or Dijon type mustard
1 part apricot preserves
 I am giving this without exact measurements, you can adjust it to how much sauce you need and how much sweet you want compared to how much heat you want. Hubby prefers it without the apricot so I make his with just mayo and mustard.

Put everything in a bowl and stir to combine. That’s it. No need to let it sit in the fridge to let the flavors meld, unless you want to. I make it while the artichokes are steaming.

311 Dipping Sauce

I’m telling you, next time you want a different dipping sauce, try this one. I can think of several great candidates that would taste amazing dipped in this sauce. Sweet potato fries, zucchini chips, chicken strips, and onion rings are just a few off the top of my head; I really love to dip my artichokes in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...